It’s almost here! Wow. The halls of Rundle Academy are buzzing with excitement and and the whole TEDxRundleAcademy team is busy setting up, preparing, practicing, decorating, compiling, problem-solving, and embracing the craziness that comes with putting on a conference event of this magnitude.
As the curator, I cannot event begin to express how exhilarating it is to see everything come together. And, when you find yourself only 2 1/2 days away from the BIG DAY, you can’t help but marvel at all it took to get here.
Top 11 List of What it Took:
1. A passion for the TED organization and ideas worth spreading.
2. A ridiculously grandiose dream.
3. Establishing a TED-Ed Club.
4. Convincing teenagers that an academic club is a fun thing to do when they could be going off campus instead.
5. Students beginning to believe in themselves.
6. Applying for a TEDx License.
6. Realizing that the whole school is along for the ride…..could not ask for a better team.
7. 6 months spent developing and curating our speaker program (convincing both students and adults alike that public speaking is not worse than death).
8. Learning a variety of skills we never thought we would ever need.
9. Realizing that it is more than okay to ask for help.
10.Gratitude, patience, hard work and the happy realization that it will be worth every minute.
11 The realization that your spouse and mother probably should get all of the credit.
In the spirit of collaboration, here is a TED Talk that effectively sums up what a monumental, collaborative undertaking needs if it is to succeed.